Tuesday, September 6, 2011

'At the Edge' Pre-Release


Blog # 87: CD OUT TODAY


I just wanted to let everyone know that today my new album, 'At the Edge' come out Pre-Release on Itunes, Amazon.com(download only) and CDbaby.com(download and physical copies available). You can also buy it directly from me if you want a physical copy($15). Just email me: JonCrowleyMusic@gmail.com By the end of the month the album will be available on Amazon.com(physical copies) and everywhere else wide-release.


Really excited to share this music with you. It has some amazing NYC musicians on it. Jeremy Udden is on Alto Sax. He has a few albums out on FreshSound and SunnySide, I love his playing, always melodic and tasteful. He's a real improvisor. Ziv Ravitz is on Drums, he plays with everyone and has been touring with Lee Konitz for the past 5 years. Julian Pollack is on Rhodes and Piano, he's someone you'll be hearing about very soon. Julian Smith is on bass. This guy has the thickest, real bass sound. Great player.


The record combines elements of classical minimalism, Indie Rock and Jazz. All originals by me. My favorite part of the record is how all the tracks flow into each other without space between, so its like one long piece of music. I really tried to make a concept album with a distinct vibe to it, not just another jazz record. I think I pulled it off.



Itunes

Buy it Here on CDbaby

Buy it here on Amazon


Check it out!


Thanks


-Jon




I'll write a little more about the music of 'At the Edge' in my next entry.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sounding album full of mystery an spaciousness. In a Silent Way meets Tortoise by way of a minimalist, patient aesthetic. Congratulations, very well done.

    ReplyDelete