Sunday, July 26, 2009

Amazon Advantage

Blog #19: Amazon Advantage


I have received a few emails from friends as to where they could buy the album, so I thought I would use them as guinea pigs to see if the 'Amazon Advantage' program.  I received an email to ship a copy to Amazon's Kentucky Distribution center.  I know I had received more than one order(friends had told me), so I knew something weird was going on with my Amazon account.


Finally emailed Amazon.com and got an email back with this circular logic:


"I reviewed your Advantage order history and found that the order XXXXXXX has 

been received and processed into inventory. However, I've investigated your 

account and found that order shipped to us arrived in damaged condition and 

cannot be sold.  This information is included in your online account when you 

click the Reports tab from the home page.  Damaged inventory will be classified 

in the Unsellable column.


As we currently do not have any new copies suitable for sale to customers, the 

availability status of this title has reverted to "temporarily out of stock."  

When we receive new copies from you we will be able to post an availability 

estimate of "ships within 24 hours."


As stated in the Advantage Membership Agreement, items arriving damaged will be 

returned to you. Please do not send a replacement shipment for damaged or 

returned items as we will order more copies from you as needed."


Translation: "We can't sell your CD because we don't have any in stock, because it got damaged on the way here.  We'll sell more of your CDs when we get more in stock.....but don't send us any more until we ask.  And people won't buy any because they're listed as 'out of stock'.


I'm going to call Amazon this week and try to get this worked out.....


Still waiting to hear back from CDbaby and itunes


SO, the CDs still aren't available :(


2 comments:

  1. Amazon is up and running! You can now buy the CD at: http://www.amazon.com/Connections-Jon-Crowley/dp/B002HAVX34/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1249482417&sr=8-1

    CDbaby and itunes will be available soon!

    -JCrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jon - I'm having a similar problem w/Amazon and they don't return my emails. How did you finally get it resolved? Please let me know ... rodneyracer@hush.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete