Thursday, May 21, 2009

Delays

                                                          Peter Schwebs-bass

Blog #12  Delays


So it has been a few weeks since I've written a blog.  While the CD is pretty much finished there have been a few minor delays.  The first one was I heard a slight imperfection on the mastered CD I got from the studio.  There was some distortion on my trumpet on one moment of 'Vista' that needed to be cleaned up.  I sent it back to the studio and they put a filter of some sort on it and now it sounds good(it was not distorted on the original mixes, it must have occurred during mastering).


The second delay came because I waited until a few weeks ago to send my music to the government for copyrighting and also just started my own publishing company with ASCAP.  I went away for a week and was told by ASCAP by the time I got back that I would have my publishing company name approved.  I needed to know this name so that it could appear on the back of the CD.  However, when I got back to town and hadn't received my 'membership card' yet, I called ASCAP and found out I was approved but they just hadn't mailed me my card yet.  My publishing company is called "JCrowMusic".  And on monday I can send my tunes away to ASCAP for official publishing.


I just emailed my graphic artist to let him know the Publishing company name so that it can appear on the back of the CD and he told me he's going to do some last minute tweaking on the design and have it back to me by the end of the day.


Which means, I'm pretty much finished and ready to send the CD to be printed up, hopefully I can send it off by the end of the week!


SO CLOSE!


No comments:

Post a Comment