Thursday, February 26, 2009

Waiting

                                         Yayoi Ikawa- Piano
Blog # 4 Waiting

So, I was talking to a friend of mine and he asked me why I hadn’t updated my blog recently. My response was that nothing had happened. Waiting. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized waiting (impatiently) was also an important part of making an album. Waiting. I have all my notes on what needs to be edited, but I can’t do ANYTHING until I hear back from the studio and find out when they have some free time for me to come in and work on it together with them. Waiting. I guess waiting is a very important, albeit frustrating part of releasing an album. I’ve always been someone who has trouble just sitting around, I like to work, and so all this waiting just drives me nuts. Waiting. A lot of time if I arrive at a gig early, I’ll go take a walk, or practice a bit; its hard to do nothing. As far as the record is concerned, if it was worked on everyday the whole thing would probably be finished and released in 2 or 3 weeks. Sadly the world does not work this way. Waiting. Maybe this is one reason I practice so much, I can fill hours of 'downtime' with something productive.

Waiting; the hardest part.

1 comment: